[Feature req] Offer to convert a login item when I use the same password, but with an username

Hello,

This is the case:

• I forgot my password on abc.com
  • I go to reset my password page
  • I generate a password with 1Password (it is saved as a password item)
  • I go to login page and fill my generated password, but also manually type my username/email
  • I click submit
  • 1Password ignores me. It could offer to convert the password item to a login item. This case happens to me often. Each time I have to edit the password and convert it to login item, type my email/username one more time and save -if I don't forget to do that-)

It'd be very nice to add something that may fix this annoying issue.

Best Regards

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @koraykupe,

So this relates back to the bug we're discussing in the other thread. 1Password should be displaying the prompt and its absence is a bug. So I do hope we can get this corrected soon as the Password item isn't the same as a Login item and 1Password should be wanting to ensure the user has the more versatile Login item with the username.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Hmm, I thought it is a missing feature, beside of the other bug. Let's see after it's fixed. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @koraykupe,

Getting the bug fixed will certainly be the first move we need to make. Then we can look at cases which I believe will either be quite specific or may be grouped if we find the issue is poor language support.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

I found another issue. If I first fill in my personal details and type in the rest of the form (e.g: new password) it doesn't offer to save that login item!

I think this is one of the main problems that I faced.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @koraykupe,

So you filled with an Identity item first, I'm guessing for fields such as name and maybe email address but for the password field you deliberately didn't use 1Password but still no prompt. Is that an accurate analysis? That isn't the desired behaviour at all so that sounds like a bug and clearly one independent of the issue with the Password Generator. I will look into it.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member

Yes, I filled it with an identity item and filled the rest fields manually, and clicked submit button on the page. It did not offer to save it.
    Then, I did not fill anything with 1Password, submitted the form and it offered to save it. I hope you can reproduce it.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @koraykupe,

It does indeed look like there is some work to do. Thank you for the report.

This discussion has been closed.