To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Difference in 1Password, Families, Teams

Options
digisurg
digisurg
Community Member

I was looking into switching from LastPass to 1Password, but I am not sure I am completely understanding the differences in the memberships as it applies to what I need. I run a small business, and need to use 1Password on 3 devices. One Windows, one Mac, one phone. It is very unlikely that I will need it on any other devices over the course of the year membership.

Would the standard 1Password plan cover this? All devices would use the same account, because it is a business one. Or would I need to purchase a better plan to support more devices? I didn't see much about the number of devices on the plan breakdown.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@digisurg: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! They're all the same technology, same security. The difference is in the additional features. 1Password Families, compared to an individual membership, includes secure inter-family sharing (an individual account is an "island", essentially); whereas 1Password Business/Teams build on that to allow more granular permissions and management needed for businesses -- which can certainly be used by families too, but is generally overkill. But most importantly, any 1Password membership will allow you to use 1Password across all of your devices: you just sign into your account to access your data. You never need to pay more to use it on more devices; it's all included. I will say that it might be beneficial for you to go with 1Password Business, since that allows you to use that account for work stuff, and separate it from personal things, since each person in your company also gets a 1Password Families account with that as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.