Dark Mode for 1Password

Will AgileBits ever add dark mode for 1Password (on all platforms)?

1Password has a travel mode for more security, but it also would be nice (and more secure) to have an option to have dark mode when using the 1Password vault website versus having to use 3rd party extensions on my browser to emulate dark mode.

Dark mode is becoming a "must have" for me due to my declining vision. At some point in time, 1Password software will be unusable for me. Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed. Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018

Will AgileBits ever add dark mode for 1Password (on all platforms)?

@Cas: Unknown. It's certainly possible, but I find it less helpful when individual apps try to do this than when the OS itself has a robust "dark mode" that works with any app. While I like this myself, it isn't something that's been requested by many folks, so for now we're focused on things that are.

1Password has a travel mode for more security, but it also would be nice (and more secure) to have an option to have dark mode when using the 1Password vault website versus having to use 3rd party extensions on my browser to emulate dark mode.

I'm not sure I understand how dark mode relates to security. Can you elaborate?

Dark mode is becoming a "must have" for me due to my declining vision. At some point in time, 1Password software will be unusable for me. Any help or advice would be greatly welcomed. Thank you.

That's really helpful to know. It isn't something I would have guessed since most modern OSes have solid accessibility options for the visually impaired. If you don't mind me asking, what's the specific condition you have and the effect you're trying to get? Mostly contrast?

• chromentry
    chromentry
    Community Member

I'd love to see Dark Mode in the 1Password app for both Windows and Mac, and even the mobile apps. It's definitely a lot easier on the eyes and there is a growing number of sites/apps that now feature a Dark Mode.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully we can do something like that in the future, especially if we're able to move to UWP as old versions of Windows become less relevant. Cheers! :)

• Xevian
    Xevian
    Community Member

+1 for Dark Mode as released in MAC, I shall glad to see it in Windows 10 too

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

Considering this request was posted in 1Password 4 for Windows Forum, a now discontinued product, shouldn't the request be made for 1Password 7 (latest standalone version)? I cannot see any more updates forthcoming for a legacy version.

• Hi @Xevian,

Thanks for the vote. We'd love to bring the dark theme to the Windows version, it'd look really nice.

• PeterCS
    PeterCS
    Community Member

+1 for dark mode on windows and android.
    the os's are set to dark mode, but 1pw displays in blinding white...

• megaspel
    megaspel
    Community Member

Yeah also +1 for dark mode on windows and android. I hope this feedback is helpful and not just annoying.

Would y'all ever use like a feature voting system like some other applications use? People can submit suggestions and others can increment a counter which is like "me too". Not sure if that's useful to 1password specifically, but it might be something to think about to get better feedback.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

+1 :)

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

+111! ;)

• +1 :)

(yes, i'm the one who will be doing that, but i want dark mode too, so +1)

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Hillarious :)

• :chuffed: :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@SergeyTheAgile: Me too, now that Microsoft has finally given me 1809. :tongue: :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Please add Dark mode for IOS

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

I'd like that too. Hopefully we'll be able to in the future. Fingers crossed for Apple to give iOS 13 the same treatment in that regard that macOS got with Mojave. It's been pretty seamless for me so far. This is, however, a Windows discussion. I'll continue to advocate for this though, regardless. :)

This discussion has been closed.