To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I am having a problem accessing my 1password.com account

pavampato
pavampato
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Memberships

I am able to access my vaults on my devices, and have my secret key but my password to unlock my 1password.com account isn't working or I have forgotten the correct one. How do I recover my 1password.com account password? This is preventing me from activating the full features of 1password on my main computer.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I am having a problem accessing my 1password.com account

Comments

• Saleana
    Saleana
    Community Member

Pavampato,

I would love to help you out with your issue on logging into 1P. In order to do so, I need a little bit of information to help me better understand your situation. If you are accessing your vaults on other devices with your master password, then you should be able to log in to your 1P account with your email, master password, and secret key.

If you are having trouble logging in with your master password being incorrect, then please let me know and I can possibly send you some additional helpful tips for attempting to recover it.

Let me know if I can be of more assistance.
    Saleana

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pavampato: Thanks for getting in touch. Please keep in mind that you'll need to enter the Master Password you chose when signing up for the 1Password membership. The app itself will unlock using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there...which can be different if you did not use the same one when signing up for the membership account. For example, you indicated in your post that you're syncing with iCloud. That would be completely separate from your 1Password membership account, so you likely setup a different Master Password there, and that's causing confusion for you. There is no harm in trying repeatedly, but you will need to enter the correct Master Password for that in order for it to work -- just like the combination for one safe will not work on all other safes. Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.