To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can i use my 1password 7 membership (currently a trial) for PC to install a 1P7 on the mac?

mhallesq
mhallesq
Community Member

Hi
I'm confused. Been using 1P since 2014 across PC, Mac and IOS using a single licence. Advised to upgrade from 1P4 to 1P7 when extension stopped working in Chrome on PC. Successfully started 30-day trial today and installed 1P7 on PC (Win 10). So far so good. Have downloaded 1P7 on mac (10.14.2) but its clearly not syncing with PC and now wondering if I need to buy another licence for both Mac and iPhone?? Or have I done something wrong?
I was expecting to sync via your servers and not Dropbox as previous. I really don't want to buy 3 licences. Can you clarify and assist please?

Update
I've just got myself into even more trouble as I've just seen the option on the PC to set up other devices, scanned the code into the iPhone and now duplicated all the entries in the iPhone. I'm only averagely stupid but I've really messed up! LOL

Help please!!

Regards
mhallesq

1Password Version: 7.2.4 (70204000)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Cloud?
Referrer: forum-search:Can i use my 1password 7 membership (currently a trial) for PC to install a 1P7 on the mac?

Comments

• Hi @mhallesq

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like you're on the right track, but may still have a "Primary" vault on one or more of your devices. Could you please check if that is the case? Once you've migrated your data (i.e. it is visible on https://my.1password.com ) the Primary vault should be deleted from each device.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.