To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Apple Account Problems

VACarl
VACarl
Community Member

Last question disappeared while writing it - will try again. Received email saying my new 1PW 7 account (trial) was ready to go:
Your sign-in address
https://my.1password.com
Your email address
xxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx
Be sure to print out your Emergency Kit. It’s where you will find your Secret Key, which protects your data, and which you will need to sign in to 1Password from new devices.
Problem is there is no Emergency kit pdf nor can I find anything in my old 1PW 6 account that helps. Now what?
P.S. - have used since ver 3, never had problems when working through Appstore

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jin_dhaliwal
    edited February 2019

Hello @VACarl

When you signed up for the 1Password account you would've been guided through the steps to create your master password. During that setup you should've been prompted to save an emergency kit file.

When you visit https://my.1Password.com are you able to access your account? If so you can download your emergency kit PDF from there by going to your profile page.

Click on your name in the top right of the home page and select "My Profile". You will see your email address, and secret key there. Right under the secret key you will see a button that says Save Emergency Kit. Click that to download your emergency kit file.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need help.

• VACarl
    VACarl
    Community Member

I tried the whole process with a different email and all worked as process indicated. Looks like I still have a problem though as I’m trying to get devices from 2 different Apple IDs to share the same vault.

• VACarl
    VACarl
    Community Member

BTW, how do I get rid of the “old account” that didn’t really get set up?

• Hey @VACarl,

With a 1Password.com membership, it doesn't matter if you have more than one Apple ID. All you need to do is sign into 1Password for iOS with your 1Password account on each device and they'll sync fine.

We can definitely help you clean up any old accounts you may have, however to do that we'll need to continue over email. Could you send us an email to support+forum@1password.com? Please include a link to this forum thread, and reply here with your Support ID that you'll receive in an automated email. That'll help us connect the dots.

This discussion has been closed.