Default Settings for Password Generator

Hi, I have changed my Settings for the Password Generator (length, digits, symbols...) to accomodate some password requirements. I would like to know what the Default Settings for the Password Generator are.

And, I seem to be able to only find the password generator in the browser extension. It would be helpful to have a password generator in the desktop and the mobile app as well. Am I missing it?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.6 (686004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Default Settings for Password Generator

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, I have changed my Settings for the Password Generator (length, digits, symbols...) to accomodate some password requirements. I would like to know what the Default Settings for the Password Generator are.

@wildsugar: I believe it defaults to 20 characters with 5 each. But, rather than the defaults, you can just max them out and then make adjustments if needed for a particularly restrictive site, which it sounds like you may already be doing.

And, I seem to be able to only find the password generator in the browser extension. It would be helpful to have a password generator in the desktop and the mobile app as well. Am I missing it?

You can find the password generator in the password field when creating/editing a Login item. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

You can find the password generator in the password field when creating/editing a Login item.

Also in Password field types for other items, including manually added custom fields. 😊

• wcandido
    wcandido
    Community Member

hi... I'm looking for something similar in 1Password when generating words as password:

At least One uppercase letter (probably one in each word)
    number of words in sentence (already in place)
    At least 8 characters (8-25)
    One number (probably best if one in each word)
    One special character (ex. ! @ # $ % ^ & * + - .) (probably best if one in each word) as the words separator

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wcandido,

Given all of those requirements it really sounds like you more need the characters generator rather than the words one. I could be wrong but I don't feel it's likely we're going to blend the two and instead will keep them as separate approaches. Now that's just an opinion so we could easily disagree and if you're happy to I'd love to learn more on your thoughts as to why you want/need this over what 1Password already does.

This discussion has been closed.