NEVERMIND! I fixed it but can't delete this. :)

dcurtis11
dcurtis11
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Hello all! Here is my issue.

A few days ago, I decided to try 1Password. I clicked on a trial membership for family, and set-up a master password, downloaded a key, etc. THEN I downloaded the app for my mac. I put in some information here, thinking it was automatically connecting to the account I had created, but it was not. It set-up a SEPARATE individual account that was not connected to the family plan I had just tried. I must have made a typo when putting in the master password, because I CANNOT get in to this account. So I got very frustrated and deleted both of the trial accounts associated with my email address, uninstalled the program from my mac, and decided to move on.

Today, I decided to give it another go. I set-up a new individual trial, picked a master password, and got a secret key. All was well UNTIL I tried to reinstall the application for mac. The SAME OLD Secret key is showing under the account info, and it won't let me make any changes until I log in, which is impossible unless I somehow magically guess the spelling error that I made before.

Am I just out of luck using the mac application? Is there any way to "reset" it to forget the old account? Also, I am a bit scared that I am going to be charged twice since this account that I thought was deleted is still controlling the laptop application.

NEVERMIND! I GOT IN!! I FIGURED OUT WHAT I MISSPELLED! IT'S A MIRACLE!

But I can't figure out how to delete this, so sorry

1Password Version: Ipassword7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dcurtis11! I'm glad you got everything sorted out, but it sounds as if you may have created multiple 1password.com accounts. That's not necessarily a problem for us, but if you added your credit card to each one during the creation process, then you WILL be charged for each of them when the 30-day free trial period ends (and I assume you wouldn't want that). To be clear, if you did NOT add a credit card to any (or all) of them, then obviously you won't be charged. But if you know (or you can't remember) you added a credit card to some of the other accounts you're not planning to use, then you'll need to sign into those accounts in a browser and either remove your payment method in the Billing section, or delete the account altogether. If you suspect you may have added your card to multiple accounts but no longer have the sign-in credentials for some of them, please write to our support staff at support@1password.com and let them know; we can assist you privately.

This discussion has been closed.