How can I transfer my 1Password app (Version 7.2.7) form my iPhone 7 to my new iPad 2018

Options
nola
nola
Community Member

Hello
how can I transfer my 1Password app (Version 7.2.7) from my iPhone 7 to my new iPad 2018?

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS12.1.4
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I transfer my 1Password app (Version 7.2.7) form my iPhone 7 to my new iPad 2018

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nola: It doesn't sound like you need to. If you're syncing your 1Password data with Dropbox, when you setup 1Password on the new device, just choose the Dropbox option and select your existing vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• nola
    nola
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty
    so I downloades 1Password for my iPad 2018. I launched 1Password and a window appeared to setup the programm. There is no choice to choose DropBox. There is iCloud. So I copied 1Password.agilekeychain from DropBox to iCloud. Then I choose the Button for iCloud.
    After a while a Message came up which is we found your Tresor in iCloud. I put my Master-Password in. Afterwards then comes a message that tells me that the password is wrong. How can I setup my 1Password whithout a Emergency Kit?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

There is no choice to choose DropBox. There is iCloud.

@nola: It sounds like maybe you didn't scroll down far enough.

So I copied 1Password.agilekeychain from DropBox to iCloud. Then I choose the Button for iCloud.

After a while a Message came up which is we found your Tresor in iCloud. I put my Master-Password in. Afterwards then comes a message that tells me that the password is wrong.

Then you have old data in iCloud which you setup using a different Master Password. Copying the vault to iCloud Drive will not work. Apps use CloudKit to sync with iCloud, not the filesystem. You would need to sync you existing vault with iCloud in 1Password on the device where you currently have the data first.

How can I setup my 1Password whithout a Emergency Kit?

Please try Dropbox again.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Either way, let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• nola
    nola
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,
    well I didn't scroll down. Now it is working. Thank you for your support.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update @nola. I'm glad to hear brenty was able to help.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.