To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Tried to migrate date to new Family subscription account - Now I am locked out of online account

2»

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lwthomas1 - yep, the only real way around the "duplicates" issue is to remove your Primary vault. This is the recommended method for opening an account: you open the account online, add your new 1password.com account into 1Password for Mac, transfer your data from your Primary vault into your 1password.com account's Personal or Private vault (depending on what kind of account you signed up for), and then you delete your (now-unneeded) Primary (standalone) vault. Sounds like you just have the last bit of that remaining. So, please follow the step at the above link to remove the Primary vault, and make sure you do it on ALL your devices. Let us know if you have any questions.

In regard to your #2 and #3 points, your data resides on the 1password.com servers, as well as on your local device(s) on which you install a 1Password app. It's not much different in that one narrow regard than having had a Primary vault that you synced via Dropbox or iCloud (if you did that previously): each device has a copy of the data, and there is another copy (the sync keychain) online (only, instead of Dropbox or iCloud, it's on our servers). I'm not sure why you refer to this as "a huge mistake," but I'm happy to answer any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.