Feature Request: Editable Random Passwords

Options
cabes
cabes
Community Member

I would love to have the ability to edit randomly generated passwords when creating them without having to save, re-enter the record, hit edit, etc. This super annoying. I need this feature because so many websites don't support all of the special characters on a US querty keyboard... usually websites that require special characters. I know it's minor, but it would be really nice.

Thanks,
Jason

a proud advocate and user of 1Password since late 2009

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.4
Sync Type: 1Password personal account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cabes: It's something we can consider, but they'd need to be treated differently from generated passwords (since you're editing them to make them no longer fully random) and that can be super confusing. It's something that already comes up a lot. At it stands though, it is pretty easy to regenerate the password until you get one that is accepted. That allows you to still use a random password, not polluted by human non-randomness. Cheers! :)

• cabes
    cabes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I don't like the thought of editing a random password either, but I just ran across a site that only accepted period, asterisk, hyphen (dash), and exclamation. That site also required special characters. It could take a few dozen tries to get the correct combination in a random password. If a fix isn't a good practice, then I'm okay with that.

• Ben
    Options

That sort of situation is something we'd like to be able to handle better in the password generator. Thanks again for the continued feedback on this issue. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.