Sync Option under settings on iOS iphone app?

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member

Is it expected that when you shift from Dropbox sync to online cloud account and delete the vault referenced from Dropbox, the Sync Option vanishes totally from your settings on your latest and greatest iOS app?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Abhijit,

Sorry for the confusion!

When you have 1Password account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers, so you don't have to set up sync, it should happen automatically. All you need to do on a new device is to download the app and sign in to your account. It is that simple. I hope it helps.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hi Greg,

I do understand that with cloud account, 'sync' option is redundant. And in fact it is good if we are automatically removing it from the iOS app which is expected behavior. I just wanted to confirm the behavior.

And I assume if user shifts back to say dropbox sync as we allow the option will show again for the iOS app.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Standalone vaults generally are disabled on iOS when you're using a 1Password account, @Abhijit, but there is an option in settings to enable them and, when you do, sync makes its return. :+1:

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

Perfect! Thank you!

• On behalf of bundtkate you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.