IE8 add-on broke with the latest update

Hi all,

a couple of days ago I received a pop-up in IE8 when I went to use the 1Password add-on stating there was a new version. I went ahead and downloaded the new version and installed it but now the add-on button does not work...

Today I went to the 1Password site and re-downloaded the lastest and greatest version and made sure no programs where running and installed it. Opened IE8 and tried to use the add-on button and still no joy...

Any suggestions? (think)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Garry, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like the 1Password button appears in Internet Explorer, but clicking on it no longer invokes the 1Password extension.

Is that correct?

If so, please try removing the 1Password button and then adding it again.

If that doesn't help, please consider updating IE to the current non-Beta version. 1Password is not confirmed compatible with older versions of the browsers.
  • Thanks David!

I did a bit more searching and found : http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/kbd-shortcut-not-working.html and followed the directions...

Somehow after the latest 1Password update ran the checkbox for Internet Explorer was unchecked in the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences...
    I just re-checked the Internet Explorer box and it works fine now! (y)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    So, the button wasn't present in Internet Explorer? Well, that would explain why it wasn't working. ;)

I'm glad the user's guide proved useful, Garry. Thanks for updating the thread!
  • Hi David,

Just for clarification sake, the button WAS still there on the Internet Explorer toolbar after the latest update. When I clicked on it to have it input my user ID and password nothing would happen. And when I check the settings inside Internet Explorer it showed it was an 'Active' add-on...

Somehow when the latest update ran, it unchecked Internet Explorer as a usable browser choice in the actual 1Password program settings...

Maybe just a random glitch, I wonder if anyone else experienced something similar with the latest update? I've ran 1Password updates before when asked to update and not run into this situation...

Garry :)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    It's hard to understand how the 1Password button could've been on the IE toolbar if the extension for IE was disabled in 1Password preferences.

I haven't encountered anything like that in the scores (hundreds?) of updates I've done, either.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's straightened out. Thanks for updating the thread with info that'll help anyone else who sees something similar!
This discussion has been closed.