Quick transfer question.

roger199
roger199
Community Member

I have a 1Password App with 600 passwords, and so on.

I got a Parallels deal that included 1 year subscription to 1Password, so I created a new account.

I want to transfer the existing 600 passwords from the the other to the new/ account/apps.

I've been reading support pages but I cannot make heads nor tail of any of it.

How do I transfer Vault A. from the older account to to the new vault A. on the new Subscription? ( hope that makes sense.)

Very confused :-/

Any help really is appreciated.

Thank you,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• roger199
    roger199
    Community Member

**I want to transfer the existing 600 passwords from the old account to the new account I just made.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roger199 - the easiest way to transfer data from an existing standalone setup to a 1password.com account is within the 1Password for Mac app itself. Try those instructions, and let us know if you have any questions or run into problems. :)

• roger199
    roger199
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

@Lars Thank you very much for your reply.

I actually have an existing subscription to 1Password.com and have 1Password Apps on my iPhone XS Max and my 2017 iMac.

I just purchased a deal with Parallels 14 VM which includes 1 year subscription to 1Password.com, I guess I'm a bit confused how to integrate the active subscriptions (with all the passwords in it) with the new subscription (which is a totally different account).

Do I do just as you've suggested? Do I sign into the macOS App with the new one year subscription and that should transfer the existing passwords over to it?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi @roger199

No, if you are going from one subscription to another it won't automatically transfer. You will need to do the transfer yourself. That consists of moving the items from the vaults of the old account to the vaults of the new account. https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items

• roger199
    roger199
    Community Member

@Corey_C Hey, thanks!

That was simple. Somehow I had my new yearly subscription signed into the 1Password App with the existing monthly subscription. I can see the two seperate accounts down the left hand side.

So I chose Select All and drag and dropped all logins details, and so forth, into the new account and they all transferred. I tested that it worked by logging into the 1Password App on a Windows 10 PC with only the new yearly subscription and all 600 items are there.

Tanks for the help, appreciated.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@roger199 - glad that worked for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.