Mini fields only change color on click when clicking on whitespace

nils_enevoldsen
nils_enevoldsen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When clicking the whitespace between (say) the username and the "copy" text, the highlight color changes to give visual feedback that the field was copied. (Specifically, in light mode, it goes from a lighter shade of the system highlight color to a darker shade on mousedown.) When clicking the username itself, or the "copy" text itself, the highlight color does not change.

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nils_enevoldsen - I'm not sure if you missed it or you already knew and were just informing us anyway, but if you're on the actual "Copy" text itself, that DOES change to a highlighted color. In short, the highlight follows whatever the user is actually clicking.

• nils_enevoldsen
    nils_enevoldsen
    Community Member

@Lars I'm not talking about the presence or absence of the highlight color, but rather about how the highlight color itself changes to a darker color on mousedown. Here's a YouTube clip of the issue. I copy the same field four times. Notice on the first and fourth time, when I mousedown, the highlight color darkens. The second and third time, when I mousedown, there is no change in the highlight color. I am deliberately clicking slowly so that you can see the color change. At normal clicking speed, this registers as a flash of color that gives a subtle feedback that the user successfully invoked an action.

• Got it, Nils. Filed as apple-issues#3320

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.