Can 1P Chrome plugin prompt to save a new password when not logged in?

Hi 1P community,

Currently, the "Sign in" dropdown does not come up when filling out a login form unless logged into 1P.

It's very frustrating, when you're moving quick and you log into a site when not logged into 1P, and you don't get a prompt to save your password. It would be very nice if the plugin's "Sign in" dropdown came up, and then prompted you for your 1P login creds after you hit "Save in 1Password". This would help prevent logging in without saving your password and forgetting it for all eternity only to have to reset it the next time you login.

Anybody agree here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member

Hi, @JoshW2.

I totally understand you, it has happened to me a few times >_< . Specifically, are you referring when signing up for the first time in any given website, right? If you are, have you tried using the Use Suggested Password feature? In my case, every time I sign up for a new website, 1Password prompts the unlock message: press Ctrl + Mayus + X to enter your password and unlock it. And after that, I have 2 options: a) Use the suggested password or b) Save in 1Password.

In any case, you should be able to see the prompt and be able to unlock 1Password and then create a new login, regardless of whether you have 1Password unlocked or not. Is this what you meant? If I misunderstood, please let me know so we can work it out together :chuffed:

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JoshW2,

Which OS and 1Password extensions are you using? What you're requesting should actually happen if you're using the standard extension. This is what the Save login screen looks like on my Windows machine when 1Password is locked:

Having said that, 1Password X treats the Save login prompt in a different way and will require you to unlock 1Password X. If that's what you're using, I'd be happy to take your feedback to the rest of the team, but I'm not able to give you a promise when and if the feature will be implemented.

This discussion has been closed.