Incorrect autofill when username field has type "password"

I have a problem on my benefits site at work, where the 1Password Firefox extension is filling my password into the username field, making me unable to log in normally. I need to use the "type in window" feature, or 1PasswordX, in order to log in. I suspect this may have something to do with the fact that the site uses a "password" type for the username input box. Is there a way to force a specific element ID to fill for each field?

I submitted a support request about this two weeks ago, but have yet to receive a response via email.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @fritzophrenic!

Sorry for the lack of reply via email. It's been much busier than usual lately, but we're doing our best to get back to our usual, snappier response times. I see my colleague already responded, but I'll chime in the email thread with a suggestion. :smile:

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member

In case someone stumbles on this thread at a later date, the solution that (mostly) worked was to use the browser plugin feature to manually capture a login entry to create a new entry. The newly created entry contains no username, and puts my username in the "password" field, with my actual password only existing in the "web form details" section. It's not ideal, but it fills in the browser correctly at least.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

As @fritzophrenic mentioned, this workaround is far from ideal. We're working hard to improve filling across the board, and performing web form details acrobatics like these hopefully won't be necessary in the future.

The problem with this specific site is that both the username and password fields have the html field type set to password, which 1Password (falsely) interprets as having two password fields, and no username.

This discussion has been closed.