How do I change the default login for a website on iOS?

mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng
Community Member

When I log into a website in Safari on iOS, many times the extension will automatically offer me to fill in a login that I don't want. I usually have to tap the key icon and choose my login, not matter how many times I do it. How can I change the default login?

1Password Version: 7.2.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:default login ios

Comments

• Hi @mercuryrsng

Marking a login as a favorite will cause it to be the first suggested login, assuming none of the other matches are favorites. :)

Ben

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Is that the only way to do it? I have certain logins that I want to be favorites but I don't want to arbitrarily make random logins favorites just to get them to pop up as suggested logins.

• @mercuryrsng

It is, currently, yes. Favorites get top billing. After that they all get the same “rank” and the Password AutoFill feature itself decides what gets shown first. We’re looking at ways to rank items differently but we don’t have any concrete plans yet.

Thanks for sharing your perspective on this. Hopefully we can offer more options in this regard in the future.

Ben

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

I have another question along the same lines. Is there any way for an app to remember a login? For example, some apps will suggest the login based on the app name but others required me to tap the key icon....unlock 1Password, and then search for the correct login. It's a very repetitive motion that can take extra time.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

@mercuryrsng

That depends on the app. If they define an Associated Domain in their app then we can tell which app is asking for a login from 1Password and present the appropriate choices. If they don't provide any such definition we have no way of knowing which login(s) to suggest.

Ben

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Ok thanks. I’ve seen some apps ask me once but then remember what I chose.

• @mercuryrsng

As far as I'm aware Password Autofill doesn't give us a mechanism for that beyond the Associated Domain definition, but I'll ask our development team to take a look at what else might be possible. For what it's worth, most apps have an associated domain defined, and the minority that don't will likely be adding one when they push an update.

Ben

• mercuryrsng
    mercuryrsng
    Community Member

Thank you for looking into it. It's a nice convenience when it just works without any extra steps.

• For sure. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.