Deleting vaults in Team Account

gsheldon
gsheldon
Community Member

I just set up a Team Account in Trial mode for a company I do consulting work for to evaluate. I have been testing it with various vault "schemes" and now I need to delete the vaults that won't be used. However, when I go to delete a vault I only get a greyed out "Delete" confirmation button in the dialog. I am logged into the account as the owner/administrator so I know their shouldn't be any permission issues. I have tried this through both the web interface and the 1Password App itself. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @gsheldon,

To activate the delete button you have to type the name of the vault in the text box above the button:

Have you tried that? Please let me know.

Ben

• gsheldon
    gsheldon
    Community Member

That worked but it's not very intuitive. Because the name already appears in the "Name box", (like the word "Test" in your example image) I didn't think I needed to type it in again. Maybe consider leaving the box blank and then the sentence above gives instructions on what to do. Thanks for the help however.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's why it says "type [vault name] and press Delete", and the text is greyed out as a placeholder, but we'll see if we can make it more obvious in the future. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

Just a thought but the grey text could say "type here".

The first time I saw that dialog I thought it was a bit confusing also, although I got through it. :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hesspaul - the name of the vault is there so there's no misunderstanding about what specifically you need to type. If you mis-type even a single character you won't be given the option to continue (we do this so people don't inadvertently or mistakenly delete vaults with a single keypress: you have to really MEAN to do it). But if you've been thinking your vault name was, say, "Archive" but you forgot that you called it "Archiv3" when you created it, you might get very confused as to why you weren't able to click the "Delete" button (which only turns active after correctly entering the vault name).

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member

@Lars my thought was that the text above the entry field tells you exactly what to type, and the prompt inside the entry field tells you where to type it. But I know I’m just one user who thinks it could be more clear (or two, if @gsheldon feels the same) and you want to make it simple for a larger user base.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thanks for sharing your perspective! :)

This discussion has been closed.