Authy Desktop integration?

Options
tpernas
tpernas
Community Member

I use Authy for 2FA on all the accounts that accept it. 1Password displays a message for each of these accounts stating that 2FA is available but not being used. Is there a way for me to get 1Password to recognize that I have Authy 2FA enabled for these accounts?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use Authy for 2FA but 1Password thinks I'm not using 2FA for logins

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @tpernas! No, unfortunately. 1Password for Mac works with the twofactorauth.org list to determine which of your Login items saved in its internal database have available 2FA. 1Password then checks that against which of those Login items have 2FA active in that Login item. That's how it "knows" whether 1) the site even has 2FA available and 2) if you've activated it (and saved it in 1Password).

It's pretty easy to move your 2FA tokens over from Authy to 1Password if you'd prefer to do it that way, or, if you want to stick with Authy but don't like the "Inactive 2FA" warning, you can add the tag 2FA to any Login items you want to suppress the warning for. Hope that helps! :)

• Jon__R
    Jon__R
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Can you expand on the steps necessary to move 2FA tokens form Authy to 1Password please?

Jon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jon__R! Welcome to the forum!

Are you able to see your QR codes or 2FA secrets inside the Authy app? If so, you can scan that code again with 1Password this time, or enter the 2FA key in the app.

If you cannot do this directly in Authy, you can follow the same procedure that you followed when you originally enabled 2FA for your websites: you can go on the website's settings and choose to add/change authenticator, this time scanning the QR code with 1Password instead.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.