Side Bar in Safari Extension disappeared after latest update

Lygio
Lygio
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Since updating to 7 Version 7.3.BETA-3 (70300003) AgileBits Beta on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 using Safari 12.0.3 the extensions side bar has disappeared making the extension pretty useless since I can't generate new password, can access favorite, categories or tags.

1Password Version: 7 Version 7.3.BETA-3 (70300003) AgileBits Beta
Extension Version: 7 Version 7.3.BETA-3
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lygio! Welcome to the forum ;)

I’m sorry for the trouble. If you open Safari Preferences and go to the Extensions tab, is the 1Password extension enabled there?

Please let me know if that fixed the issue!

• @Lygio,

Its not a bug, you're on the beta which means you're using the new mini. I've moved your discussion over to the beta forum where the new mini should be discussed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, though the side bar is gone from 1Password mini, it is alive and well in the main 1Password app window. :)

• Lygio
    Lygio
    Community Member

Hi Ag_ana,

Yes the extension is enabled but same problem many functions are gone, no side bar, no way to access Categories or Tags, no auto save new log in (although the function is selected in Preferences).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019

@Lygio: Sorry for the confusion there. As mentioned in the beta release notes, we're testing a new 1Password mini now in response to the feedback we received about version 7. One of the common requests was to make it more "mini" and not try to duplicate all of the functionality from the main app. You can access the full side bar there any time, after all. :)

Regarding autosave, I'm not having trouble with this in the current beta, at https://www.facebook.com for example. If you'll let me know the specific page where you're having trouble I'll be happy to investigate. :)

• Lygio
    Lygio
    Community Member

Hi, sure I can use the main app, but the extension was way more convenient in my opinion. Of course I will use the full app, you guys are the pro and make decision based on way many more factors that I can consider and evaluate. I still find 1Password one of the best and more useful app i I use every day. Thank you

• Lygio
    Lygio
    Community Member

I will let you know of a web site the next time I will create a new log in, thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Lygio: I'm glad that 1Password is such a valuable part of your workflow! I'm sorry if we've made some things inconvenient for you with the changes we're making. :blush: While you're right that a lot of factors go into these kinds of decisions, but a big reason why we're doing this is because of the feedback we've received from others. So it's really valuable to hear from you as well. We'll continue to evaluate and work to try to strike the best balance we can. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know what you think so far! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.