can't move 1Password 6 from my old Mac to new Mac

Options
RATW
RATW
Community Member

I'm having problems transferring my stand alone license. It's asking for a secret key which sounds like I don't have because I have a stand alone version (I don't need a membership, only use it on one computer). I tried connecting via the other option. I’ve installed Dropbox and exported out a file from 1Password on my old computer, but it’s not the right file extension. The new computer is asking for file ending in .agilekeychain or .opvault. The file that exported is .pif and .1pif. How do I export the correct file?

Please help!
TIA

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2019
    Options

@RATW: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device or create a new vault.

It sounds like you're on the right track with that last part, but you just need to setup the app with a local vault and then import the data from the AgileKeychain vault using File > Import > 1Password Keychain. Does that help?

Also, you really shouldn't be using 1Password version 6.2.1. That's literally 3 years old. While we don't recommend using outdated software at all, if you are going to use version 6 be sure to grab its final release:

https://1password.com/downloads/mac/#legacy-downloads

• RATW
    RATW
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Great! Thank you! I was able to create a standalone and import the license! (The new computer has the most up-to-date version 6.8.9). How do I import all my data (all my saved passwords and links...) they're not showing. Thanks so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RATW: Sure thing! Glad that helped. As I mentioned earlier,

you just need to setup the app with a local vault and then import the data from the AgileKeychain vault using File > Import > 1Password Keychain.

Did you try that? Let me know how it goes. :)

• RATW
    RATW
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry! I didn't import, but just did and it worked! Thanks so much!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Glad to hear you've got all your data. If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.