Password generator feedback

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password mini feedback.

Comments

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

Why have you removed the ability to specify how many digits or symbols you want in a generated password?

Some archaic websites might only require two special characters or certain number of numbers, however I prefer to only have 2-3 symbols because they're tedious when typing manually

I see you've also removed the autofilling of the generated password too, sigh

Lately it feels you guys just make change or changes sake because you've got nothing left to improve

• Good morning @defiant . I split your comment off into its own topic so we can keep the thread focused here. 🙂 Our changes to the password generator are borne out of a desire to simplify the user interface for the vast majority of our customers. A website that requires a symbol or a number most likely won't balk at having more than one.

If you don't like the number of symbols or numbers you can always manually edit the password or regenerate it until you find one you like.

We did indeed remove the ability to fill from the password generator. We may bring it back, but for now, for simplicity's sake we are leaving it out.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

I've reverted back to stable and disabled updates, I'll stay on it for as long as I'm prevented on deciding how many digits or symbols are present in the generated password

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Okay. Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.