Google Chrome extensions stopped working

Abhijit
Abhijit
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Google chrome and Google chrome beta for both the browsers the 1 password extensions have stopped working for me. Here is the message:

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Abhijit,

Thanks for reporting this.

That message means the 1Password extension cannot find the desktop 1Password app running on your PC.

Is the main 1Password app running okay? If yes, check for Chrome's pending updates, there was a new Chrome update released and if Chrome has a pending update, it will break the connection between 1Password extension and the main 1Password app until you manually install the update. To check for update, click on the three dots on top right and select Help > About Google Chrome. There should be an option to install the update in case there is an update.

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member

I am seeing some strange behavior for 1Password for sure today. It closed itself abruptly after machine has started. I have enabled it to start automatically when machine starts. And it did started but closed abruptly. Then I had to start it manually again. And then it is stabilized and working.

So I assume in my scenario above the application might have closed abruptly leaving the extensions orphan.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Hi @Abhijit,

Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, we may be able to understand what happened better. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.