1Password 4 licence key validation

Hello supportdesk,
I'm still using 1password 4 for windows. On my new business computer i'm installing 1password for windows and by entering my licence key, the server responds that the server cannot be contacted for validation.
Can you help me with this problem?
Regards
Bart

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BBvanHeugten,

Thank you for getting in touch! I moved your post to 1Password 4 category, I hope you don't mind.

Could you please specify the exact version of 1Password 4 that you installed on your business computer? The error you described happens, when you try to activate an old version of 1Password 4, so please make sure to install the latest one.

Moreover, please note that 1Password 4 is outdated and it won't work in Chrome. I would recommend you to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password membership is the best way to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions, we are always here for you. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• BBvanHeugten
    BBvanHeugten
    Community Member

Thank you Greg. It worked by installing the latest version. Have a good day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Greg, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Have yourself a great day too! :)

This discussion has been closed.