Multiple logins for the same domain.

Options
Ibcrootbeer
Ibcrootbeer
Community Member

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find a solution. I have a lot of logins with the same username and password for the same domain but different subdomains. I have grouped them all into the same login and listed every url under it as a website. When I use the auto-fill feature on the subdomain I created the login entry with the suggestions are sorted by subdomain then all the rest of the logins for that domain. The problem is that for other similar subdomains the sorting does not list the subdomain login first, it just lists all the logins for the domain. I would expect that the subdomain logins show up first before the domain logins. Is this user error or should I approach this differently?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Ibcrootbeer

Before we get to deep into this I'd like to make sure I understand the situation correctly. So, you have, for example:

example.com with sub-domain xyz.example.com and also 123.example.com

You have a login item that has website fields with both xyz.example.com and 123.example.com on it. You also have a separate login item for example.com and perhaps others for 123.example.com as well. You're trying to log in at xyz.example.com and the suggestions you're getting list the logins for example.com and 123.example.com before this "mega-login" which has xyz.example.com listed on it? And the others do not have xyz.example.com on them?

Do I have that about right?

Ben

• Ibcrootbeer
    Ibcrootbeer
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Ben

That's pretty close the only change I would make to your statement is to "And the others do not have xyz.example.com on them?". I still see the xyz.example.com login in the list but I would expect that if I'm logging into site xyz.example.com that it would show the login for that site before the other logins for example.com such as 123.example.com.

• Ben
    Options

Gotcha. Thanks @Ibcrootbeer. I'll have to do some testing around that. It does seem like a reasonable expectation.

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019
    Options

I've been playing around with this a bit. It seems we do have some changes coming in this regard with "new mini." I'd recommend giving that a try and seeing if it more closely matches your expectations:

New 1Password mini Now in Beta! — 1Password Forum

If it does not, I'd recommend providing that feedback in our Mac beta category:

Mac Beta — 1Password Forum

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.