1Password not syncing using Dropbox

Options
AnaRose
AnaRose
Community Member

I've been having a lot of trouble with 1Password lately (lost a lot of information lately when I tried changing my primary vault back to Dropbox only to find out it was saving to my iPhone cache and not my actual vault) but now again I noticed that the app absolutely refuses to sync between my iPhone and my iPad. I have to go into settings and manually select to "sync now" and even then it refuses to update. I added extra information (a new website link) to a login and even after updating that link does not appear on anywhere but the device the information was first added (iPhone). All apps are updated and I'm signed into all of them, I even opened my Dropbox app on my iPad hoping that would force an update but no dice. You can see in the screenshots that the total number items doesn't even match up. Short of just uninstalling and re-installing the app, what else can I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @AnaRose

Do you have more than 3 total devices linked to your Dropbox account? Dropbox recently started limiting free accounts to 3 devices. If you do find yourself running up against that limit you may want to consider upgrading to a 1Password membership. With membership you get access to the latest version of 1Password for all of your compatible devices and they'll all stay in sync (there is no limit to the number of devices):

About 1Password membership

If that doesn't explain the difficulty then I'd recommend reviewing our Dropbox sync troubleshooting guide:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• AnaRose
    AnaRose
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the lack of info. Do you mean do I have three devices linked to Dropbox in general or three devices using 1Password? Because I have multiple devices linked to my Dropbox but exactly three using 1Password (iPhone, iMac, iPad). I have a Dropbox plus account as well as a 1Password membership. That was what cause me to lose data the first time because I update on my Mac and it was using my 1Password account as a vault and I switched it back to Dropbox but my info was being cached to my devices themselves instead being saved to my Dropbox vault. The 1Password support was not able to help me recover that info. That's one of the reasons I actually uninstalled 1Password on all devices and re-downloaded them. This new issue is something I noticed today when I attempted to access a weblink on my iPad only to see it hadn't synced from my iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AnaRose

Do you mean do I have three devices linked to Dropbox in general or three devices using 1Password? Because I have multiple devices linked to my Dropbox but exactly three using 1Password (iPhone, iMac, iPad).

With the new Dropbox change, it's three devices in total using Dropbox account, regardless of whether those devices are using 1Password too.

However, you mentioned that you have a Dropbox plus account, so you shouldn't have any limitations when it comes to the number of allowed devices. In this case, I recommend going through our Dropbox troubleshooting guide that Ben mentioned in his post too.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.