Update to Mohave, 1PW7 lost functionality

Options
VitalVet
VitalVet
Community Member

2013 iMac, recently upgraded from OS10.13.x to 10.14.4, and I've lost function of 1PW, which I've been happily using since it first came out. On starting the machine, it's slated to open and "does" sort of, but the menubar icon is non-responsive, and only functions if I unlock the app from a dock launch. It used to be, I didn't even see the icon in the dock and I could unlock and roll from the menubar alone.

2nd, the browser extension in Safari is failing. If I click on it for a site, it at least correctly shows the login for the proper site, but when I hit Return, I'm whisked away to an annoying Welcome screen instead of filling the password and allowing me to get on with my work. It's as if the only way out is to get a membership, and I'm happy without one, thank you very much! Now, I can't even close this obnoxious window, and my choices are 3: Big button to Subscribe today!, a link below it asking if I need a license (no, I have one), and a link below that Already have a membership? Sign in! Gak.

This is really impairing my ability to work and I'd love to get back to normal expected function once more.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• VitalVet
    VitalVet
    Community Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

I just had to Force Quit to get anywhere. And when I did, the menubar icon disappeared!

• VitalVet
    VitalVet
    Community Member
    Options

I think I found the problem. I'm using on my MBP a version from Agile Bits Store, and on this iMac just updated, it shows Apple App Store as the source. Which is weird, I didn't knowingly choose that when I upgraded to Mohave. Sounds like an uninstall is in order. Please tell me how to do this most efficiently. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VitalVet: If you have your data in 1Password 7 already, you can simply drag the app to the Trash, restart your Mac, and install a fresh copy from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I haven't heard of others having any issues like what you describe, so the app was probably just damaged on your computer for some reason.

While installing a fresh copy will probably help with regard to that, it's worth noting that you do need either a 1Password membership subscription or a license for 1Password 7 in order to use it. But if you already have one of those, you just need to apply it and you should be all set. Let me know how it goes. :)

• VitalVet
    VitalVet
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Brenty, I've got the ABits version installed now and all that's left is my Safari browser extension isn't working. It flashes a window briefly and then disappears (and the app is open in the Dock). I may try one more restart, but once it was installed, it found my license on its own and shows me licensed. Cool, that part.

• Ben
    Options

@VitalVet

Typically restarting the Mac is the solution to any Safari extension related issues. Additionally could you please verify that the version of the Safari extension in Safari > Preferences > Extensions is v7, not v4? If it is v4 please remove it. 1Password 7 installs its own Safari extension -- a separate download is no longer required.

Ben

• VitalVet
    VitalVet
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7 is correct. Wasn't working in Safari even after a restart, but I just now, after working for a few hours, found a message box popped, saying, "want to enable the extension helper?" So, yes, I do, and we'll see if that doesn't fix things.

Definitely not a smooth ride to go from 7 on High Sierra to 7 still but on Mohave.

• VitalVet
    VitalVet
    Community Member
    Options

Finally: after answering that very late to appear message, all systems appear to be working once more. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @VitalVet

Thank you for the update! I am happy to hear everything is working fine once more :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.