Have a PC, now also have a Mac, but purchased a standalone license for 1Password for Windows

WineLove
WineLove
Community Member

Hi,
I understand that 1Password for Windows can not transfer to a Mac. I would like to know how I would go about purchasing a standalone license for a Mac, but able to keep all my data from the Windows? This way I can access both.

I am looking into the subscription and I believe you offer a bundle, if I were to go this route how do I keep my data and where do I locate the purchase of both Windows and Mac?

On another note, how is it that I can access my Windows license on my iphone?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:purchased a standalone license for 1Password windows now moved to a Mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WineLove! Welcome to the forum!

I understand that 1Password for Windows can not transfer to a Mac. I would like to know how I would go about purchasing a standalone license for a Mac, but able to keep all my data from the Windows? This way I can access both.

if you download 1Password 7 from our website, after installing you should be prompted to purchase a license there, directly from inside the app.

I am looking into the subscription and I believe you offer a bundle, if I were to go this route how do I keep my data and where do I locate the purchase of both Windows and Mac?

That's correct: with a subscription you get all of the 1Password apps for every platform, so you don't have to purchase additional licenses for your other devices. If you want to migrate your existing data to a 1Password Membership account, we have a tutorial for that too.

If you use 1Password on multiple platforms, I recommend this option, rather than buying separate license for all your devices.

On another note, how is it that I can access my Windows license on my iphone?

You can't :) iOS apps are licensed separately, and there is no connection between them and your Windows license (because an iOS app cannot even know if you purchased a license for another platform). The iOS apps are free in their basic version though, so it's possible you are still using it and haven't reached the limits of the free version.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.