Is it me or password history isn't available for "Password items"?

alvaro87
alvaro87
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Mac

Hello,

Does password history work with password items? I've modified one of my password, which is just a password item, not a login, but the item information just tells me when it was created and modified but I have no option to see the history. This does not happen with login items.

Is it just me or 1Password doesn't offer that feature for password items? If it's so, it would be awesome if it could do that.

If I go to my.1password.eu, I can see the history there and choose if I want to restore the different versions of the item but I think the user should be able to do it from the app.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.5 (70205002) (AgileBits Store)
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alvaro87!

Is it just me or 1Password doesn't offer that feature for password items? If it's so, it would be awesome if it could do that.

It's not just you, password history is currently not available in the macOS app for Password items, only for Logins. As you correctly mentioned, you can use Item History for every item when you login to 1Password.com.

It should be noted, for completeness' sake, that the Password History feature for login items, and the Item History feature are two separate features. The first only applies to Login items, the second one applies to every type of item in a 1Password.com account. I do see how it could be useful to you to be able to manage Item History from the Mac app however, so thank you for sharing your feedback!

I hope this helps :)

• alvaro87
    alvaro87
    Community Member

Thank you, @ag_ana !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alvaro87, you are very welcome!
    If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.