How do you set tags on new logins?

One thing I've liked about the LastPass Chrome extension is when you save a new login at a website, you can add that login to a group/category/tag. It seems with 1Password's Chrome extension I can only save the login, and then need to open up 1Password application, find/edit the new entry and add a tag.

Is there a better way to organize new logins that I'm missing? Should I be using different vaults instead of tags? For example, I want all entertainment related logins to be grouped and financial logins grouped separately. The Android application seems to imply I should use tags for this, because it is a main navigation button at the bottom of the app.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 1.14.2
OS Version: 10.14.3 (18D109)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ackmanx,

So tags are the function you'd want to use to organise items and sadly for the moment it will require those extra steps if you use the 1Password X extension. We already have an issue filed to allow adding tags from the save prompt so it is at least something we recognise as being needed. I don't have any estimate as to when this might happen though - sorry.

ref: x/b5x#255

• ackmanx
    ackmanx
    Community Member

No problem, I'll just wait :) Thanks for your reply!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing it up. It's something we'd like as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.