Ignore spaces in 1Password mini Search

lawrencem
lawrencem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When searching for a term in 1Password mini including a space affect the results, whereas in the main 1Password app spaces in searches are ignored.

For example, searching for "applestore" in the main 1Password app would return an "Apple Store" entry, but searching in 1Password mini would return no results.

1Password Version: 7.3-Beta 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lawrencem,

I'm seeing the behaviour you mentioned in the main app when I use "Quick Open" (⌘ K) but not when using the search field in the main 1Password window itself.

Quick Open uses a fuzzy search on the item and vault titles, whereas the search field in the main app and mini breaks up the search term into tokens and matches those tokens against several fields from each item.

Because the search techniques are different between the two features, their output for the same search term can be expected to differ.

This is behaviour that could certainly change in the future, so we really appreciate your feedback on the subject.

• lawrencem
    lawrencem
    Community Member

I think the main 1Password search was matching the domain (which is concatenated) but not the title. Either way, the fuzzy search would be an improvement for 1Password mini.

• Hi @lawrencem,

Interesting, both the main 1Password window and mini match search queries against Title, Domain, and Username. So if you had a match in one, I would expect a match in the other...

This discussion has been closed.