My password data on the 1Password website is different from that in the Safari mini extension

davmyers
davmyers
Community Member

Mac OS 10.14, up-to-date Safari. When I add passwords using the Safari extension, they show up there and in the on-computer app, but when I go to my account at 1Password, they don't show up in the Vault. There's something here I don't understand.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: OSX 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:website data different from mini data

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @davmyers! Welcome to the forum!

What is the name of the vault you are saving your items to on your Mac?

• davmyers
    davmyers
    Community Member

I guess it's "Personal".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@davmyers Do you by chance have a second vault in your 1Password app that is called "Primary"?

• davmyers
    davmyers
    Community Member

no. Just "Personal", "Private" and "Shared".

• Thanks, @davmyers. I think at this point to troubleshoot further we'll need to get a look 'under the hood,' as it were. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/102726/
    • Your forum username: davmyers

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• davmyers
    davmyers
    Community Member

Thank you, Ben and ag_ana. When I didn't receive an email saying that you had replied to my initial query, I went the email route for help. (Then I started getting the email notices of your responses.) It looks like the email person (Sarabeth) solved my problem: somehow I had created two different accounts; one showed in my app and the other showed on the website. Now I'm looking only at a single account. I'm still not sure how I managed to open two accounts -- I think something showed up on my computer different from what the detailed instructions on the website made me expect, and I tried something that seemed to make sense to me -- and it worked altogether too well! Great service and help from you all!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@davmyers - glad to hear Sarabeth got you squared away! :) Let us know if there's anything else you need help with, and have a great weekend. :)

• davmyers
    davmyers
    Community Member

You guys are the best!!

• You're too kind. :) Enjoy.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.