I can't provide team members access to new vault

Options

I created our company account today, invited various team members. the ones who have confirmed their accounts show up in users list when I select Manage Access for the vault. But when I checkmark them and tap the Confirm button, I get the message

"Error: There was an issue updating the vault. error: failed to update vault access. undefined."

Also the Shared vault is supposed to be seen by everyone, but when I checked the team member's Mac, it's not visible for them in the Mac app, only their Private vault.

1Password Version: 7.25
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.14.4
Sync Type: never selected one, it's a team version
Referrer: forum-search:can't provide team access to vault

Comments

• randyhill
    randyhill
    Community Member
    Options

I created our company account today, invited various team members. the ones who have confirmed their accounts show up in users list when I select Manage Access for the vault. But when I checkmark them and tap the Confirm button, I get the message

"Error: There was an issue updating the vault. error: failed to update vault access. undefined."

Also the Shared vault is supposed to be seen by everyone, but when I checked the team member's Mac, it's not visible for them in the Mac app, only their Private vault.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @randyhill! Welcome to the forum!

What browser is this happening with please?

This is normal for now: until you have confirmed your Team Members, they will only see their Private vault. Once they are confirmed, they will be able to see the Shared vault in the Mac app, so this is connected to the first issue.

• randyhill
    randyhill
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, Problem was I hadn’t yet confirmed team members. They had accepted and I thought that was all that had to be gone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Ah, sorry for the confusion there. Glad you were able to confirm them. It sounds like you're good to go, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.