[Bug] Duplicating "Software License" items doesn't retain multiline support for "license key" field

Smileybarry
Smileybarry
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently renewed a version-specific license for Visual Assist X, and to retain both the older license and newer one I duplicated the older item. Then I noticed I can't paste the multiline license string. But if I create a new Software License item, the field can have multiline strings pasted into it. (So for now I just manually copy-pasted all of the fields)

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 1809
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• Hi @Smileybarry,

Thanks for reporting this.

I cannot reproduce this. If you create a new test software license with multi-line strings and then duplicate, you still have that problem?

• Smileybarry
    Smileybarry
    Community Member

@MikeT

I tried to reproduce this again with a newer license item (the one I made manually) and it doesn't reproduce, but it still reproduces if I duplicate my older license item.

However, it was originally created in 1Password 4 (before 7 supported local vaults and before I moved it to 1Password Teams), and that might be it. I'm guessing 1P4 and 1P6/7 have differing template types for Software License and that screws up the duplication.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Interesting. I've got some ancient stuff in 1Password myself, spanning just about every version, but I'm not seeing this. I'll go through and see if I have any items that display this issue though, in case that helps us narrow down the cause. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.