iOS app does not find opvault file for existing dropbox-synched vault

SebastianSchirmer
SebastianSchirmer
Community Member

We have rearranged our dropbox file structure and are now trying to connect a vault on iOS to the new opvault location in dropbox. It's stored some levels down the tree and the iOS app keeps telling us: "No .opvault found in Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the correct Dropbox account and syning another computer or device with it." No clue why I can't select the folder/path to the .opvault file in Dropbox. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2018

Hi @SebastianSchirmer

Please see our Dropbox setup guide for instructions on setting up sync with Dropbox:

Sync your 1Password data

If you are having difficulty I'd recommend reviewing this guide, which has all of the troubleshooting steps we've gathered regarding syncing with Dropbox over the years:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Hi @Ben, thanks very much for your reply. I have already checked all of this. The issue is that 1pw on iOS does not let me select the location in dropbox where the .opvault file is stored. And I can't find any resource that provides a hint how to deal with that.

• @SebastianSchirmer

What 1Password does is asks Dropbox for the location of all .opvault and .agilekeychain files in your account, and then lists them. Are you not even getting that listing back?

Ben

• dominikschwind
    dominikschwind
    Community Member

Hi, I'm not Sebastian, but I did find this via Google. I have basically that problem - 1Password/iOS does find an old agilekeychain file but not the main opvault that I successfully use on other iOS and MacOS devices. It's just missing from that listing.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @dominikschwind! What version of 1Password for iOS are you using, and on what version of iOS? Do you have more than one Dropbox account? What is the file-path of the OPVault you're trying to use?

• dominikschwind
    dominikschwind
    Community Member

Hi Lars - it's the latest version of both 1Password and iOS and it is just one Dropbox-Account. The OPVault file sits right at the Dropbox main directory. It works fine on my iPhone, but it's not finding it on the iPad.
    (By now I "fixed" it by moving it into a subdirectory, which was a bit of a hassle.)

• Thanks for the update @dominikschwind. 1Password expects to find keychains at Dropbox/Apps/1Password/filename.opvault.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.