Multiple clicks to fill password [Confirmed bug, fixed in 7.3.661.BETA]

124»

Comments

• geordieh
    geordieh
    Community Member

Is this fix in stable yet? Or still beta only?

I found this thread a few months ago but didn't bother switching to beta since figured the fix would be out soon, but seemingly not?

Is there an ETA at all? Or should just bite the bullet and switch to beta now (since both click not registering and delay are quite annoying!)

• LearningToFly
    LearningToFly
    Community Member

@geordieh I've been using the Beta since early Feb and it's been working like a charm for me.
    Way, way better than being annoyed. I'd say take a chomp on the ammo. ;-)

• geordieh
    geordieh
    Community Member

Oh I didn't realise you could just switch channel within the app itself, figured I'd need to download separately and manage multiple versions etc... much easier than expected. Thanks for the push! :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @geordieh,

It is still in beta. It is taking longer than expected, as we have some bigger things to work on at the moment.

Please let me know if you bump into any difficulties with beta, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Baski
    Baski
    Community Member

Hello,

I saw in 7.3.661Beta that 1Password mini often needs multiple clicks before responding, and I have this problem with the firefox extension.
    Just to be sure : the Firefox extension is also part of "1password mini" isn't it ?

And 2nd point related to this (let me know if I should create a separate subject for this) :
    because of this bug of "multiple clicks" I found out that if you are in a inPrivate window with your browser (eg : firefox) and you click multiple times on a login in 1password mini until it responds, it may open a new browser window, but it won't be a inPrivate one (even if the settings of 1password extension is set to "Open in current tab")...

Using : windows 7, firefox 66.0.3 (64 bits), 1password 7.3.657

• In order to be certain whether this is the same issue or something different, @Baski, I'd need to know what version of the Firefox extension you're using as well. If you right-click the extension icon in Firefox and select "manage extension", you should see version info on the page that opens. Let me know what that says and I'll have some better ideas from there. Thanks! :chuffed:

• Baski
    Baski
    Community Member

hello @bundtkate , it was "1Password extension (desktop app required)" 4.7.3.90

• My bad, @Baski, I just re-read your original comment and saw you were linking to the post about this fix being in beta, not noting you were using the beta yourself. I think I need more coffee today. With your extension and app version, chances are you're seeing this issue and it is, indeed, fixed in beta based on all reports we've seen thus far.

And we definitely agree these fixes should be quicker, @syntax53. You'll notice from our release notes that quicker, smaller updates were our habit for quite a long time. It just so happened that quite a few larger projects became a priority in quick succession recently and that has slowed down our release schedule a fair bit. I believe we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel there and should be able to get back to small, quick releases again in the near future (knocks on wood, just in case). We've also been lucky to add some additional folks to our Windows development team recently which should further speed up even more sizable updates. We don't like holding things like this back any more than y'all do. After all, more fixes means less work for me too, so I'd love for them to be in your hands already. I'm sorry it has taken this long, but can only promise we'll get them out the door as soon as we're able and that we're working hard to get through this period of big changes so we can make that more of the norm again.

This discussion has been closed.