To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Created Family account, but Single account is still active however 'frozen' on iOS - HELP!

Options
biunca
biunca
Community Member

Hi there!

Back in January, I decided to cancel my Apple subscription to my single account and switch to a family account. I cannot, however, remove the single account as it's marked 'frozen' on my iOS device. I was able to remove it from my Desktop App though.

Can I please have what's on this account merged with my family account and then removed?

Cheers,
Biunca

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@biunca - no, but you can do this yourself. We don't have access to the contents of your data, so you'll need to take care of any migration on your own device. When an account is in Frozen status, you can't add, delete or edit any of the data...but you can sign in, and you can copy, export or print that data, to use it elsewhere or to move it to a different account.

Sign into both accounts on your device (if you have both a desktop Mac or PC and an iOS device, it doesn't really matter which, though desktop is probably always faster/more efficient). Then use these instructions to copy your items from the frozen individual account to the new 1Password Families account. (NOTE: make sure to use the Copy command and not the Move command, as the latter won't work since the account is Frozen).

Once you've done that, you can simply visit the Accounts tab of Preferences (or Settings, if using an iOS device) and remove the Frozen individual account, after everything's been moved over. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.