7.3.684.BETA-2 is out with support for Edge Insider builds.

Updated 2019-04-15

Hey,

We have one more beta update (7.3.684) before we ship this as the stable update soon. The big change is the support for Microsoft's new Edge Insider builds.

PS: We know we've been a bit quiet lately, we're working hard on the upcoming 1Password 7.4 update that's a huge undertaking for us, we'll reveal more details soon.

[NEW] Support for the 1Password browser extension in Microsoft's new Edge Insider releases. {OPW-3878}
[IMPROVED] Added support for upcoming 1Password.com API changes. {OPW-3815}
[FIXED] Certain corrupted custom icon images could cause 1Password to crash. {OPW-3847}

Hey folks,

The 7.3.661 beta update is mostly a bug-fix update to follow up on our major 1Password 7.3 update but we've added a few new features that we were working on as well, such as the ability to drag tags onto selected items or vis versa, drag items onto the tag itself.

Here's the changelog:

[NEW] Drag and drop items onto tags in the sidebar and vis versa, drag tags onto selected items in the item list. {OPW-3692}
[NEW] Added "Open logins in" setting to 1Password's Browser settings. {OPW-3668}
[NEW] Optimize database tool is now available in the new Help > Tools menu; this will clean up the 1Password database and/or reduce its size, which can help speed up 1Password's initial launch.{OPW-3750}
[IMPROVED] Major improvements to 1Password Brain that improves our filling and saving algorithms for our 1Password browser extensions. {OPW-3543, OPW-3487}
[IMPROVED] Added the shortcut labels to the field context menu such as Reveal and Large Type. {OPW-3720}
[IMPROVED] Improved our diagnostics report to include the full Windows OS name in the logs instead of difficult to figure out Windows version numbers. {OPW-3751}
[FIXED] Resetting all data in 1Password now works. {OPW-3734}
[FIXED] The field context menu in viewer didn't have a max height limit set.
[FIXED] 1Password mini often didn't respond to the first mouse click. {OPW-3741}
[FIXED] Removed drag and drop code from 1Password mini as it wasn't used in that view.
[FIXED] Dragging the scrollbar in 1Password mini would sometime select the item or dismiss 1Password mini when releasing the mouse click.{OPW-3224}
[FIXED] Crashes related to saved Japanese URLs. {OPW-3717}
[FIXED] Dragging offline files onto 1Password would cause it to crash. {OPW-3748}
[FIXED] Missing accessibility string on the view button for Related Items section. {OPW-3695}
[FIXED] Pressing Control + \ in the main 1Password window would temporarily freeze the app. {OPW-3735}
[FIXED] 1Password could crash when editing an item to add a custom image that may not be available on disk. {Submitted crash reports}
[FIXED] Added a workaround for invalid XAML crashes in external UI Framework that was related to our app strings. {Submitted crash reports}

Comments

• mhagen
    mhagen
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I think there is something wrong with the Reused Password test?
    It now on all my items..... while the passwords are.. well random :dizzy:

More info is handy...
    There is a Website login, and a password item. Both have the same password.

Windows 10, 7.3.661.BETA

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

Thank you for these great new features! :chuffed:
    The drag and drop makes it a lot easier to add items to some tags.

I have noticed that there is no "finished message" for the Optimization tool, is that right? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really sure if anything happend, as I clicked on the button. I think, maybe as well some information about what it did would be helpful, if there was any optimization needed. So nobody could say, "I made the optimization, why isn't it faster or smaller now?" :+1:
    And is it bulletproof? I'm a little bit worried to use it on my production vault, or is there made an backup before the optimization anyway?

Then, the diagnostics report has some locationproblems:
    e.g. it doesn't recognise the german umlauts (ä,ö,ü)
    Maybe this is not a problem for you, but as I saw it I wanted to mention it :+1:

And thank you, finally i can scroll through my items in the 1Pmini with the scrollbar without clicking on any item :chuffed:

• @lumarel Help > Tools > Optimization is basically removing orphaned cache rows and running vacuum command on local SQLite database. It is reasonably bulletproof, SQLite is widely used database engine and I doubt it will fail without external interference. Having backup can't hurt though. Most of the times it is a fast action, but it depends on your database size, hardware and can take few seconds. Otherwise, I'd run these commands on each start or lock :D

As for umlauts - where they are missing?

Thanks for helping us making 1Password better!

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Hey @SergeyTheAgile,
    Oh ok great then I won't also have any daubt that there would be a crashed database or even worse a destroyed vault :lol:
    Haha, yeah it would definitely help if this would be run from time to time, especially on these massive vaults with a lot of changes :+1:

I'm not at my german machine right now, so I can't generate you a new report to just show it to you.
    But the new added sysinfo section captured the characters but couldn't safe them in the right way, so they are shown like %xyz, where xyz is a hex code (I assume).

You're welcome! :chuffed:

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

And here is a screenshot, was a little bit different than I remembered, but yeah:

For the comparison, if I run the command myself it looks like that:

• oh wow, I see what you mean @lumarel . Good news this is part of system info we need least, usually we need Windows version numbers (I'm curious if there is any OS Manufacturer other than Microsoft there :D ), CPU model, system/user locales and networking/virtualization configuration.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Oh ok that's good if you just don't need the... destroyed crap :D
    I hope this is then enough of the version number because there are missing 3 further parts of this mess of number :dizzy:
    I'm not sure if you are aware of the HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion key in the regstore, there is a property named BuildLabEx, which has 17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434... I had to use this some time ago because Microsoft decided to push a security update which only was visible in the last part of this number :unamused: (I hope you would never need this)

But thats good if it doesn't matter :+1:

• cvvorous
    cvvorous
    Community Member

thanks for the fix for the first click thing - i figured it was just me, haha

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Ditto on the first click... I thought it was my loaded PC or something to do with the 'doing work while it opened up' again, but it definitely is better in this release!

And ditto to the optimization. At least tell us when it's completed. As I opened up the console (also) and it also does nothing. I though it used to have a prompt and/or show you what the main program was doing? Looks to have locked up....

Okay, now, after closing the console after a few minutes of letting optimization run, and opening a new console, I do have a 'watchtower update' in the console.

Let me run another optimize: and it seems to log nothing to the console. At least a note there when started and ended would be appreciated!

Thanks for all the additions, and, yeah, this is still beta, we know. :chuffed:

• @lumarel: It sounds to me like @SergeyTheAgile has what he needs from you, so I'm going to cheat a bit here by just tagging him so he can tell me if I'm wrong. :lol:

@cvvorous and @leesweet : Definitely not just y'all. We heard about that from a quite few folks over in the stable forum category, so you were very much not alone. Sounds like the beta fixes things for y'all on the click front, though, so that's awesome. Thanks for letting us know. :chuffed:

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Thank you :lol: :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@lumarel: :) :+1:

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

@bundtkate Thanks for the update... any comments on the optimizer? No idea if it did anything or when it's done.... Something in the console at least would be perfect.

• Honest, @leesweet, that's a change that slipped by me. In 1Password 4, we had an optimizer that quite often would do nothing whatsoever. It was designed to correct particular issues and if you didn't have those it wouldn't do a darned thing. It's certainly possible that's the same here as I understand the optimizer was built specifically to address some troubles folks were having with slower app starts. I can say with relative confidence it's nothing you need to worry about if your app starts in an acceptably snappy fashion, but that's about where my knowledge ends. I just dropped @SergeyTheAgile a line to see if he can educate me as it's certainly something where I should be more familiar with the specifics. As soon as I know more, I'll drop a rundown here (or, because I tagged him here, perhaps Sergey will choose to enlighten us both). Either way, I'll get you an answer. :chuffed:

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

Excellent, thanks! Even if it does nothing, a started/ended print in the console would be great.

• So, @leesweet, I actually noticed Serg sneaky (ok, maybe he's not sneaky and I'm just unobservant) noted what that does here. In short, it tidies up unused data from the sqlite database and, unless yours is huge runs essentially instantaneously. Chances are it did something regardless, but may not have done a ton. That said, I'll definitely pass along your feedback about noting it in the console, if we're able. :chuffed:

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member

@bundtkate Thanks for the info! As a sometime programmer myself, hate to not know that it did indeed finish. :chuffed:

• :chuffed: :+1:

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member

Looking forward to the next beta!

• Me too, @ttim03! I'll go find @SergeyTheAgile and make sure he gets back to work. :wink:

• Hey guys, I've just updated the original post, we've just shipped the second beta update with Edge Insider build support. We'll be shipping this to the stable channel soon.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited April 2019

Works great, thanks! :chuffed:
    (oh to more clear, I mean performance got even better, the new edge support is there and I also didn't have any other issues)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lumarel,

Thank you for the good news! :+1: As Mike noted above, this update is coming to the stable channel soon.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.