1Pass 7.2.617 installation issues Multiple Win10 PCs

Options

I've got 25+ users using 1Password on their Windows 10 PCs. They report missing 1Password software (.exe is actually missing). They log into companyname.1password.com and go to get the apps, download the current windows version, and get "Error: IO error Access is denied. (os error 5)". I then install ver 6 which I've got archived locally, go to settings, and update to 7.2.617. At this point the 1password extension for Chrome stops working.

1. What would cause 1Password app the be removed from PCs? (antivirus is not grabbing it)
  2. Why are we unable to install from the 1Password Get the Apps link?
  3. Why would the Chrome extension not work after removing it and reinstalling it?

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.706)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited April 2019
    Options

Hey, @david_mundt! 👋 I just recently hopped into the conversation you were having with Jacob via e-mail, so to avoid any duplication of efforts, I've made a note of what you said here in that conversation and we can continue working together via e-mail. :chuffed:

ref: HUA-61899-347

• Kitforbes
    Kitforbes
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Version 7.2.617 is also crashing on my brand new Windows 10 PC when launching. Could you share any resolution with everyone please?

I'm also confused why 1Password's download links point to this version when I have 7.3.684 installed on my old PC.

EDIT: modifying the download URL to install the correct version (not provided by the downloads page) worked for me - https://c.1password.com/dist/1P/win6/1PasswordSetup-7.3.684.exe

• There are some folks with older 1Password databases that were unable to install the latest directly, @Kitforbes, so we put 7.2 on the downloads page temporarily as installing that first will allow those folks to update to the latest right after. We did fix up a few crashes in the latest, so your experience makes sense, and I'm sorry for the trouble. The number of folks seeing those crashes is very small relative to the folks having issues with the old database, so I still think we've made the right choice here, but I'm looking forward to the next version which should have a fix for the database issue and allow us to put a version that will work for everyone on the downloads page again. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.