Allow searching filtering by username in 1P Mini when multiple items have the same name

Options
danielcompton
danielcompton
Community Member

If you have multiple logins with the same name, e.g. Google, 1Password will show them all. Handily, it will add " - user@gmail.com" to the names of the items so you can easily disambiguate them. An additional feature that would make this even more useful would be to filter the list of items by the username/email. Currently, if I try and type a "Google user", there will be no matches as 1Password doesn't include the username/email in a search.

I assume this is done to avoid returning too many results as most people will have a handful of emails and usernames that they use for most accounts. I think that behaviour makes sense in the normal case, but would suggest that this be relaxed in the case where there are multiple items with the same name and 1Password is showing the email address alongside the account name.

For example:

This is (some of) what I see when I type "google"

If I type "google dec" I would expect the list to be filtered to just the bottom item, but currently no search results are returned.

Relates to: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/90383/show-username-in-1p7-mini-viewer-list-if-names-are-the-same

1Password Version: 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: 7.2.5
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danielcompton!

Currently, if I try and type a "Google user", there will be no matches as 1Password doesn't include the username/email in a search.

I have just tested this, and I confirm that 1Password does include additional fields before returning search results (for example, when you look for your username/email address in a search).

If I type "google dec" I would expect the list to be filtered to just the bottom item, but currently no search results are returned.

I have created a test item with this exact shape, searched for "google dec", and 1Password returned 1 result here, so this definitely should work.

Are your search settings set to only search the title field perhaps?

• danielcompton
    danielcompton
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, sorry, I didn't realise that 1Password Mini also had an option to Search All Fields. Changing it to Search All Fields does search as I was hoping for.

Would you consider making the username one of the major fields when where there you are showing the username as part of the title? I expected anything I can see in the title to be searchable as a major field.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danielcompton - we've got some changes ready in the upcoming 7.3 release (in beta now, but not yet released to stable channel). But I'll certainly mention your preferences to the development team. Glad ag_ana's advice helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.