Can I modify the default suggested password?

When I sign up a new website, as the screenshot showed, the default suggested password was too long for some websites which were only supporte 16 digts. Some websites does not support symbols except underscore "_".
I know I can use the generator to customize the password and copy&paste on Chrome, but if I can modify the default suggested password in the settings or I can modify the password in the same interface as same as in the iOS app, it would be better.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @houshuheng! I appreciate the feedback. Suggested passwords are meant to fit most site's password requirements so you don't have to use the generator — Just fill and go. The suggested passwords won't adjust based on your Password Generator recipe since we created them to be separate features. Instead it sticks to its guns with a good strong password. The Password Generator you've got your settings applied to can be used as a backup when you need it — It comes in handy with those fussy sites like the one you mentioned. It sounds like you're already familiar with the Password Generator, but here's a screenshot for those who aren't: You can access it by clicking on Password Generator in the left sidebar of the 1Password X popup.

I hope this provides some clarity, but let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.