1P app not syncing (immediately) after 1P-X update

Hello! I keep playing with 1P-X and here is another interesting event I encountered.
The 1P app Watchtower recommended updating password on my home modem. I updated the password on the modem login page, using the 1P-X prompt, which worked fine. The updated password shows up and works fine in 1P-X, and I can see it on the 1password.com web site if I log into it. But the desktop app on the same PC is still showing the old password. I exited and re-opened the desktop app several times, no change - it is still showing the old password.
Cache expiration time? I'd fathom, a new entry by another app should be pushed from the server to other device apps? At least that is what happened before when I used Dropbox sync.
Yes, all devices are set up to use Account Personal vault for saving new data, and the All Vaults are set up to show only the Personal vault. And, I even explicitly changed the vault to Personal in the 1P desktop app on this same PC - still shows the old password. It has been more than 20 minutes now.
Yes, I did keep the Dropbox vault, just in case. And I checked it too, it has the old password - like it should, since the new ones are saved into Personal.
I opened 1P desktop app on my other PC - it shows the updated password. Only the 1P desktop app on the PC on which the 1P-X update took place shows the old one.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• pavel_R
    pavel_R
    Community Member

P.S. The desktop app was open at the time I updated the password using 1P-X.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

Hey @pavel_R – thanks for the detailed report. I haven't experienced this personally, but I can imagine it'd be frustrating. When you try to create a Login from the desktop app on the PC that didn't show the item previously, did it show up immediately on https://my.1password.com? I'm hoping that helps me track down where the out of sync issue is coming from.

• pavel_R
    pavel_R
    Community Member

Yes it did, I also mentioned it in my first post.
    It’s not really frustrating since 1P-X works just fine. I could see how this could be confusing if someone tried to use 1P app in another browser immediately after updating a password through 1PX.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You mentioned that the item you created with 1Password X showed up on 1Password.com right away, so that's good. I'm wondering how it goes when you create an item from 1Password for Windows on your PC. Do you find that it syncs up within a reasonable time the other way around, or are you only noticing the sync issues when you create an item on 1Password.com?

This discussion has been closed.