1Password discussion forum conversation threads are not currently viewable from STP v 81

Options
cwisniewski
cwisniewski
Community Member

When I visit any 1Password Support Forum thread using Safari Technology Preview (currently I'm using v81, but I think this was happening in v80 also), I can only see the initial post -- no response from Agile Team members to that poster or other forum members chiming in on the thread. I've tried this from multiple machines, and it's happening on all of them. If I view the same support thread using Standard Safari or Firefox (I haven't tried with Chrome or other browsers), every posting within the thread is visible. Though I haven't tried to provide my own response to an already-started thread via Safari Technology Preview since seeing this problem, it seems possible to do because every thread offers the "Leave a Comment / multi-line edit box/ [Preview] [Save Draft] [Post Comment]" block at the bottom of the page. In other words, though the initial and concluding parts of a given thread are visible, it's the parts of the thread that are between those items that are missing. See my attached screen shots.

Safari Technology Preview 81:

Firefox 66.0.5:

I am aware of other problems that 1Password and/or its extension is having with the most recent versions of Safari Technology Preview, and what can and can't be done at this time to solve or get around the problems being faced when using STP -- indeed, that's why I was visiting the applicable 1Password forums this time around -- so it's rather ironic that Agile's forum software itself is having trouble rendering the very posts meant to help folks like me:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/503818
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/103273

1Password Version: 7.3.BETA-12 (70300012)
Extension Version: 7.3.BETA-12 ("from 1Password 7"
OS Version: 10.14.5 Beta (18F127a)
Sync Type: Dropbox + 1Password.com account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cwisniewski - I'm sorry for the trouble! However, I'm also unable to replicate this behavior here, using STP 81 on 10.14.4:

You might try restarting your Mac, or disabling any other extensions and reloading the page.

• Ben
    Options

This is likely a result of overzealous ad blocking being enabled in STP. :)

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yep — just to confirm: it looks from your screenshot like you have 1Blocker installed. 1Blocker has an optional "block comments" setting (disabled by default):

With that enabled it blocks the comments here on this forum.

Ben

• cwisniewski
    cwisniewski
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars, @Ben, thanks very much for the speedy feedback. My apologies. When I first saw this behavior, I immediately thought it was likely caused by ad blockers, and so disabled them before trying again. Well, I thought _ I had disabled ad blocking before determining whether the problem was self-inflicted or not. After reading your remark, I revisited the browser's and the ad blocker's respective settings and could see that Agile's forum site was, in fact, _not whitelisted. I'm not sure what happened there, but now that it is, all forum posts are showing as they should. I appreciate your help in discovering the solution.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cwisniewski - glad to hear you were able to identify the source of the issue and address it! :)

This discussion has been closed.