1Password Bus+Ind and DropBox Bus+Ind

I'm really confused. Have used 1Password I think since the beginning. Trying to introduce to my office having just had an experience where a disgruntled (ex) employee took off with all his passwords. We now want to share critical info so that this cannot happen again. So I said well, let's just use 1Password and sync it to a new company DropBox - it's OS-agnostic etc and multiple devices - but - I've got myself in a huge mess with this all. I don't even know where to begin in explaining or looking for help. I deleted all apps off my work laptop and downloaded to start afresh but now am even locked out of my new 1Password. Can't recall the password. Help! How to get this all set up for a small business. I've read the pages but am still confused. PS I don't want to give up either of these apps for personal use on my personal computer - ie don't want to merge vaults or accounts. Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: whatever downloaded today
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac latest
Sync Type: hopefully dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2019

@dsmithalloveragain: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear that. We can't help you with your password as only you would know what it could be, but please try the tips in this guide as they may be useful:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

In the future, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

Recover accounts for family or team members

So a 1Password membership has a lot of benefits. Indeed, it's tough that in order to work with people we need to share things with them, and be able to therefore trust them with secrets that can't be taken back later, even for good reason -- at least until memory erasure is available. :crazy: But 1Password Business gives you a lot of tools to manage your company's data and employees' use of it.

Ultimately I'd encourage you to reach out at business@1password.com so we can get into the specifics of your situation, both with regard to sorting out the difficulties you've been having, and also figuring out what will be the best setup for your business.

More generally though, 1Password Business is often the best option since it not only includes a work account for each person from your company you invite, making it easy to share work information securely (and with a great deal of control over permissions, and logging of activity), but also a 1Password Families membership for each of them for personal use (so they're not mixing personal stuff with company data). You'd want to start by following this guide, which will take you through signing up for the free trial, migrating your existing data, and setting up your other devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And we have a guide specifically for helping admins get familiar how to manage things:

Administrators: Get started with 1Password

I hope this helps, and as you have questions along the way we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.