Auto Fill Checking Account

Options

I am seeing more accounts (like AARP Health Insurance) debiting checking accounts. "Payments can only be made from a checking account and cannot be made using a credit card or savings account." It would be nice to have an auto-fill feature like for credit cards for this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:checking

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ricklamb,

So it may very well be a country specific thing, so much about banks is but how often are you needing to fill forms like this? I'm based in the UK where I'd supply details once to set up a direct debit and then that's the last I would touch it until either closing a bank account or terminating a service. Are you being asked to supply the same details on a regular basis just as if you were making individual card payments?

• edgrsanchez
    edgrsanchez
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables I would be interested in this as well. For example, my state sales tax payment portal doesnt allow for saving my checking information and I have to input it manually every time. I've also had to input it manually for one of my utility services that uses an ancient payment portal.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @edgrsanchez,

So the bit that still puzzles me, possibly because of country differences is the frequency with which you need to provide the same details relating to the bank account. You mentioned a utility service which probably means either monthly or quarterly bills and payments at a guess. Are you saying that for each payment you have to provide the equivalent of the bank account number and sort code/routing number?

Would it be accurate to suggest that the number of places where this is required would be quite small and that given the permanence of bank account details that they change even less frequently than card details which do have built in expiry dates? The reason for the question is I wonder if manually saving a Login item (using the steps detailed on How to save a Login manually in your browser) might work as an alternative. This is what I do with a payment page that I fill in once a week to save me filling both with a Credit Card and Identity item. It isn't exactly what the Login item is intended for but it saves me time and also ensures that the debit card radio button is selected which our Credit Card items don't understand.

I am still curious about the desire to have bank accounts fill though.

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member
    Options

I regularly get asked for my checking account information. For example, today I paid my property tax from my checking account. It offered to pay from my credit card, but it charged a fee for that, while e-check is free. So that will be two times a year. The same thing happens (twice) when I pay my taxes. So that is 4 a year. I'm sure there are others, but cannot remember which.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We may consider this in the future, but right now we don't have plans to add bank account filling. Sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully it's not too many times a year that you'll need to copy and paste these from 1Password. :)

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ 1Password
    Fort Worth, Texas

• bradleyharden
    bradleyharden
    Community Member
    Options

Please reconsider this position. In the US, it is common for websites to charge a fee to process payments from a credit card, but using a checking account is free. This is the case for many government services and utilities (e.g. water bill, electricity bill, etc.).

I just switched to 1Password from LastPass, and I'm happy with the decision overall, but this is one feature I miss from LastPass.

• Hey @bradleyharden thanks for the feedback. 👍 I'm glad to hear 1Password is working well for you overall. If there's any other feedback you have as you're adjusting to 1Password, please let us know. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.