Unable to change password, says old password invalid, but used to login

I am logged into my laptop (hp) and trying to change my 1password password. I logged into 1password using my existing password. When I go to change the password to a new one, it keeps saying my old password is not correct. My caps lock is not on. I've tried multiple times and cannot make it work.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to change password

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JenniferGalvin,

I am sorry to hear you have difficulties with 1Password. Am I right to understand that you follow the steps in this guide to change the Master Password via web interface on 1Password.com?

If you have 1Password account and can sign in to your account on 1Password.com, you should be able to change your Master Password. If you can't do that, this is quite strange. Are you able to unlock 1Password on your devices and sign in to your account on 1Password.com? Please confirm. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• JenniferGalvin
    JenniferGalvin
    Community Member

I figured it out. I was using Edge, but as soon as I switched over to Chrome, I was able to change it. Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JenniferGalvin,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear you were able to change your Master Password. I do not remember such issues when working in Microsoft Edge, so we will take a look.

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.