1Password works with AMEX but not CitiBank Visa

I am using 1Password 7.2.6 with Safari 12.1 and Mojave 10.14.4. 1Password works as promised with everything so far including AMEX. I can get get into CitiBank Visa if I enter my password manually. 1Password has the same username and password but CitiBank rejects 1Password's fill-in. A friend has the same Mac configuration and can access his CitiBank Visa account with no problems. I have deleted the CitiBank Visa entry in 1Password and added it again, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.2.6
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password works with AMEX but not CitiBank Visa

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @espeekay! Welcome to the forum!

When you create this item again, instead of doing it inside the app (which I think is what you did), can you please try saving the item manually directly in the browser?

If manually entering information is working, this procedure should save the correct information inside 1Password.

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your assistance. I deleted my 1Password CitiBank entries and tried your suggestions three times. Unfortunately, they didn't work. I still have the exact same problem. I can logon manually but, when 1Password does it, I am told that I am having trouble with either my ID or my password. Do you have any other ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@espeekay: can you please share the two URLs where this is happening? I would like to test both and see if I can reproduce the same issue here.

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Thank you very much for your assistance. I deleted my CitiBank entries in 1Password and I tried the suggestions three times. Unfortunately, they do not change the situation. I can logon manually but when 1Password puts in the same information I get a message that I am having trouble signing on and should click on Forgot user ID or Forgot password.

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Thank you for your interest. There is only one URL where this is happening, https://online.citi.com/US/login.do. I rather doubt that you will be able to reproduce the issue as my Mac guru has the same CitiBank Costco credit card and has no problem logging in, but thank you for trying. It certainly is strange.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@espeekay Out of curiosity: is this Login item working in a browser that is not Safari?

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Interesting idea. Good thinking. I tried to download 1Password for Firefox but got a message showing the puzzle piece with a red exclamation mark and saying "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt."

• @espeekay, could you double-check that the correct username is saved in 1Password and that there aren't any asterisks (*) saved in the username in your item details or in the saved web form details? You can view these by viewing the item in the main 1Password app and then clicking "View Saved Form Details".

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#386

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Thank you for your assistance. When I look under CitiBank Web Form Details, I see my correct username but, underneath it there is an entry with the first two letters of my username, then several asterisks and the last two letters. Also, beneath that entry there are four series of dots each on a line; beneath those dots it says "password" followed by another series of dots. I'm guessing that, although I deleted the entry for CitiBank each time I tried to revise it (in case it wasn't correct), it kept the old entries. Please inform me as to what I should do now. It's past my bedtime, so I will not be able to follow your instructions, if any, until tomorrow. Thanks again. I very much appreciate the help you and ag_ana are providing.

• @espeekay please click the Edit button at the top of the item details and then scroll down, then click the View Saved Form Details button (this is essentially what you just did, except this time you'll be able to edit this information). You'll want the details for this particular item to look like this, but with your username of course:

(If you click in that password field, you should see your actual passwords - it just shows as bullets because 1Password conceals it, since it's a password.)

If you have any entries for your username that have asterisks saved in place of the actual characters, please adjust those details accordingly. In general I do not recommend editing web form details, just as a heads-up, as you could cause more issues than you solve problems. :smile:

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

Thank you very much. That worked.

• ag_michaelc
    edited May 2019

@espeekay super great to hear! 👍 You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back your success. If anything else comes up, we're an email or forum post away. :smile:

• espeekay
    espeekay
    Community Member

I'm very impressed with the quality and timeliness of the responses. BTW, if you're an oboist, it's my favorite instrument. I can't quite tell from the photo.

• We're all happy to help. Yes, that's indeed an oboe! I've been playing for about 17 years, and I hope to continue it for many more to come. :smile: Cheers!

• @adam1991 hopefully we can fix that up soon, or better yet, hopefully Citi can stop doing that as a bit of security theater. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm glad you were able to fix it as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.