To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription from Family plan

swmoore50
swmoore50
Community Member

My daughter who was on my family plan before I changed to a subscription plan is having trouble upgrading to version 7. How does my change affect her and what does she need to do to get her 1password up and working again?

1Password Version: 7.2.6
Extension Version: 70206001
OS Version: osx 10.14.5
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @swmoore50

Do you have a 1Password Families membership at this point? If so you can invite your daughter to join that offering with you, which would allow her to use 1Password 7:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

Note that you don't have to share any data with her if you don't want, but this does open up that possibility, in case you do.

Ben

• swmoore50
    swmoore50
    Community Member

Thanks. I just upgraded to family subscription. We did not share, she had her own vault. When I invite her, will she be able to get to her original vault?

• Yes, she can migrate her data to the 1Password Families membership using these instructions:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

(after installing 1Password 7)

We did not share, she had her own vault.

These things aren't mutually exclusive. With 1Password Families you can share a limited set of data with your family (e.g. the WiFi password, the code for the garage door, etc) using the Shared vault, while everyone keeps their individual information in their own unique Private vault (which is never shared).

Ben

This discussion has been closed.