Please stop copying TOTPs to Clipboard [preference exists in v7.3]

Options
SpinalNeon9446
SpinalNeon9446
Community Member
edited May 2019 in Mac

Now that TOTPs can be filled with ⌘/ with 1P 7.2 on macOS (which is a way better solution than using the clipboard, BTW), can you disable copying of TOTPs to the clipboard? I often find it annoying to have to wait the 30 seconds for the previous clipboard contents to be restored.

(I could also re-enable notifications from 1Password, since the now-irrelevant-to-me clipboard-related ones would be eliminated.)

1Password Version: 7.2.1
Extension Version: Safari native
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:TOTP copy

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Karl Moskowski - thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it along to the devs, but we're probably not going to be doing that, at least not for the foreseeable future, for reasons of discoverability and also because it's easier when you have multiple Login items for a given site.

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Good point. I hadn't considered the case with multiple login items.

There is a "Clear clipboard contents after" option that defaults to 30 seconds. However, I have that unchecked, so its associated text field is disabled. Is this where the 30 second restoration delay comes from?

Also, it would be nice if the "copied to clipboard" notifications could be silenced, without silencing other, more important ones.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Karl Moskowski - yep -- that's where the restoration delay is from. I'll pass along your suggestion to suppress the "copied to clipboard" warnings. :) :+1:

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• @Karl Moskowski,

Nope, that's not what the restoration delay is from.

OTP Copy restoration delay is 10 seconds plus the remaining time left on the count down.

• SpinalNeon9446
    SpinalNeon9446
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like this made it into 7.3. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome @Karl Moskowski. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.